Sunday, March 30, 2008

Vacation is finally over

My summer vacation to Singapore last week is finally over. I've been feeling the "after-effects" of it for the past few days -- pretending I'm working but really my head is floating somewhere -- but now, I kind of realized my happy summer days are gone. Oh well. Snap back to reality: tons of work has come my way. But nevertheless, I DO need work. Precisely because of the fact that my funds have terribly depleted in that vacation week I got. I need to fatten up my financial account so that I can go on another vacation again! Weee.

Anyway, it was my goal this year that I get as much vacation as possible - travel and see different places at experience a lot of things from different cultures. The reason for this is that I might not get another chance again... I've decided that this year will be my last year of not caring about my future. Next year, the real deal begins: I need to actualize my plans for my future. Scary, huh? But at some point, there has got to be some line between just thinking about your life, and thinking about your life in the next few years. Tsk. Side effects of getting old.

I thought about moving to Singapore during my vacation there, and I really really like it a lot in there. Good public transportation, safe environment, great workplace, great place to save a lot of money. But what happens after that? Do I really want to settle down and become a citizen of Singapore? Do I want to raise my kids surrounded by a multitude of cultures and diverse races? I have some standards on how I will raise my kids and how my family will be, and I don't see Singapore as the ideal place for that. *sigh* I'm really getting old.

No comments: