Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another Good Samaritan in Singapore

This afternoon, it was raining heavily here in Singapore, and since I'm a tourist here, I didn't come prepared for this weather. I didn't bring any umbrella, nor did I bring my jacket. So after having lunch, I couldn't go back to the office because it would mean crossing the roof-less over pass and me getting soaked in the rain. To kill time while waiting for the rain to stop, I decided to wait near the elevator of the apartment across the office.

Maybe I looked pathetic while sitting at the stairs and waiting for the rain to stop, or maybe I just looked stupid. But either way, I was surprised when this little girl (probably a third grade student) came up to me and offered her umbrella. It totally caught me off-guard, and I was so touched that I just looked at her with my jaws dropped open with a question mark on my face. Wow.

I didn't accept the offer out of impulse, probably too taken aback by what happened. But the generous act from a little kid gave me such a wonderful feeling that I'll definitely remember for the rest of my life.

No comments: