Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Finally, I've finished reading the book!

Damn, it was a good read. If you haven't read it yet, then please skip reading this post because spoilers are ahead.

This is one Harry Potter book that glued me to my seat, wanting to turn the pages as soon as possible. It seems that every chapter of the book has its own climax, and that there aren't any dull moments in the story that I'd rather skip. And that makes reading much more exciting than playing DotA. It's one book that made me laugh, cry, gasp, kilig, grit my teeth, grieve, and get anxious. Good thing though, my officemates weren't around yet when I was crying for Dobby, Snape, and Fred... so I was able to pour my heart out in my cubicle. Hehehe.

Anyway, if there's one thing I hate about the book, it's the way Snape died. He was probably one of the most crucial characters in the story (I knew it! I doubted him, but in Book 5, I just knew he's one of the good guys). I just thought he deserved a glorious death, one that would prove how valuable his character is, and not just some basilisk biting his neck. I imagine his death too awful for the things he did. Good thing though, Harry named one of his sons after him.

Which leads me to my next comment -- I hate the way JK Rowling named Harry's Kids!!! James, Albus Severus, Lily!?! What the... In memory of those he loved? Maybe, but it's too cheesy! Hahaha. Oh well, that's what the audience wanted, that's what they got. I'm sure JK Rowling made a lot of kids happy.

BUT! There was a line in the book where the word "BITCH" was explicitly stated! Hahaha, Mrs. Weasley in her battle with Bellatrix screamed the word at the top of her lungs (meaning, all-caps). Oh no the kids! Lol.

Just read the book. You'll definitely enjoy it. :)

No comments: